Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nasty Matt's Pizza

For the past couple of years I have been trying to make a “pizza people would pay for". I say that not because I want to sell them but because homemade food is always considered better. So by definition my pizzas should be better than something you can buy hence you would pay for my pizza. Unfortunately, I don't feel my pizzas are worth much. I used the "I don't have a travelling pizza oven” excuse but really I get inpatient or don’t have enough time when it come to prepping and cooking my pizzas. I really should measure my mixes and set a timer because each batch is different from the one before.

In an effort to progress towards buyable pizza, when I made pizzas this weekend I put forth the measure your mixes part of what I don’t do. I still don’t time how long each pizza cooks and employ the “Shayna how does that pizza look?” method and then I don’t believe anything she says and burn the crust/cheese. Baby steps…

Now that I have my dough down pretty well, I have moved on to making my own sauce. (Cheese is by far the most expensive part so that might be next.) With a little help from a girl we met in Maine (who was from Naples, Italy) I made what I think was pretty decent sauce.


(It was a can of tomatoes from Italy, not a can of sauce.)




This was last Saturday night: Margarita Pizza, Big Goat Little Goat and Alfredo.


(Big Goat Little Goat)


Also, while in Maine I had grilled pizza. I have now stolen the idea. It is actually pretty good and is less stressful than making them in a 800 degree oven.




P.S. I am starting a Dallas Pizza Blog and it should be up soon... Pizzabrothers.blogspot.com
Give me a couple days.

1 comment:

  1. You need a pizza oven. The grilled pizza is not as good.
    Your pizzas are better than you give your self credit for. People would pay for your pizza now, they pay for Domino's and Pizza Hut.

    ReplyDelete