Friday, November 20, 2009

Excuse me, what is my Movtivation?

(Free Turbo Sport 7 to whoever can tell me what that is from.)

Important: I have created a team of my own for Movember called Uncle Mustache. If you would like to donate you can look me up by that name.

As I said in my first post (email) my main motivation for joining Movember, rather than any other, was because my Granddad had prostate cancer. He wrote a book about his life and I started reading it this week. What stands out to me so far is he hit the president of Texas Tech in the face with a dinner roll, peed in the kitchen sink and had a malfunctioning Murphy bed (wink). Now, I could carry on the White tradition of telling every little detail of a story (Tom and Josh just thought to themselves, “That is so Josh/Tom”), but I will sum up him up in a few words. He was a great man. We all can thank him and Grandmother for housing us, employing us or giving us a free bottle of Coke at some point in our lives. He is greatly missed. My parents have about 50 copies in their garage if you want to catch up on your Robert Dennis trivia.




Last weekend, Shayna and I went for coffee. Like some coffee houses do, there were random big books on the tables. Shayna took a seat at the only table with a book but no people. After about a minute a man walked up and said, “I was sitting here…” But before he could finish his witty comment he had been practicing for the last minute he saw Uncle Mustache and took his book and left. I can only assume he was terrified of the old girl. There is a slight chance, though, he wasn’t bothered to just move and not planning the cut down of the century, but only a slight chance.

This post I am starting a new segment called “Life Lessons from Uncle Mustache,” which the name of him/her. You’ll notice the mustache’s gender will change periodically.



If you are like me you are probably thinking two things: Do I really sound like that and that was not good advice.

Here is this week's growth:

(I demand to be taken seriously.)









(Pictured: Will Pyle Not Pictured: Work)
Does Josh read this?
Michael Jordan wore 23, 45 and 9 in his career. However, he wore a different number for one NBA game...send me a picture of that game.




No comments:

Post a Comment