Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Movember

Friends and Family,

I have joined up with an organization called Movember to grow a moustache for the month of November in an effort to raise awareness and money for prostate cancer research. The specific team name is Club Trillion. My Granddad, Robert Dennis, died from complications of prostate cancer when I was in high school so that was my main motivation to join. There are three ways you can help:

One: Grow a Moustache (Check that off the list for every male on my Dad's side of the family)

Two: Be supportive of a man growing a moustache for Movember. (Looking at you Shayna)

Three: You could donate money toward the cause. Movember.com

A few people from my work are donating a dollar a day plus a bonus for making it the whole month. At my company we are not allowed to grow facial hair so I had to do a little smooth talking to get my boss to agree. The only stipulation was I have to wear a suit and tie every day I have a moustache. I guess he figures as long as I look decent from the neck down I can look as ridiculous as I want in the face. For some reason no one at my work thinks I will make it, which is foolish considering how much I love facial hair and don't mind wearing a suit.

Anyway, if you donate that would be great but I at least grow a moustache.

Once a week I will send out pictures of how my moustache is turning out. Here is week one in order from bottom to top...





(Business Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment